Saturday 15 October 2011

New Catalogue catch up!


As always, time has raced past me and the fantastic launch of the New Idea Book & Catalogue has given me all sorts of inspiration :-) Also three year old boys should have an affinity with monkeys, or be a monkey themselves; and that was the only excuse I needed to make a Birthday card using the Fox & Friends stamp set (IB&C p44). I made the monkey glove puppet for his present, and so the whole theme came together - at the last minute as usual, but put a smiles on his and his new baby brother Gwion faces. It certainly made me smile while I was making it. I managed to get totally carried away and stamp a matching present bag with tumbling monkeys for his postal journey to the Birthday Boy - where have three years gone?
The major excitement of this project is that SU have released the Petite Pennant Punch (IB&C p118), seen here spelling Tudur's name - well, we should all have our own bunting really! I simply love it - so much so that I made this for Andy's Birthday card at the beginning of October. I tried not to get too carried away on the stamping front using the word window punch for the Birthday greeting and DSP for the background, placing the letters with the Stamp-a-ma-jig in both projects - hours of fun - hee hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment