Sunday 7 August 2016

Sweet Cupcake - 3 colour combinations!

The first time I attended a SU workshop was at the NEC in Birmingham when Stampin' Up! had a stand there. We made a little present bag, background stamped with rose buds and then layer stamped a rose for the decoration on scalloped circle decorative label, and, I was hooked!

So needless to say when I saw the Sweet Cupcake Stamp set & co-ordinating die, it was an instant addition to my order, bypassing any wish list completely ;-)

So as EVERYONE can be susceptible to cupcakes, young, old, male or female the possibilities are ENDLESS! Especially with the new Irresistibly Floral Speciality Designer Series Paper as a background with a new Sponge Brayer.

Stamp Set: Sweet Cupcake
Card stock: Pool Party, Floral Speciality DSP, Whisper White
Inks: Marina Mist, Pool Party and Soft Sky
Accessories: Cupcake Cutouts Framelits, Sponge Brayer

As I always do, I seem to work better backwards, so with this stamp set I prefer to stamp the palest colour first for the cake topping, then the mid colour and finally the darkest. Then with the cupcake base I find it easier to print the darkest colour, then the lightest colour and lastly the mid colour. It's about finding the way that works for you ;-)

EVERYONE likes a Chocolate cupcake, and here's my version of it, with the difference being . . .

Card stock: Soft Suede
Inks: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand

So with my first colour way my idea was Blue for a boy, Chocolate for everyone and then my girl version is a deeper version of the colour palette and yet another excuse to use Rich Razzleberry ;-)

Card stock: Rich Razzleberry, Silver Glimmer
Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum, Pink Pirouette

Then obviously for a special celebration there is always the possibility of adding some glitzy numbers to mark that special celebration ;-)

Keep on crafting, GenGen ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment