Sunday 27 March 2011

Convention Scrapbook Start












Along with all the swapping of ideas at the Stampin' Up! convention my up line organised a pre-convention party, where we did Make and Takes and this is one of mine :-) Having played around with scrapbooks and picture albums always, the thought of actually setting about a 12x12" page seemed a bit daunting, so here's the answer! Here is a 6x6" page using the Beware Pirates stamp set (IB&Cp41) - the real fun was stamping on the twill tape at the bottom. The Real Red and Chocolate Chip colour scheme will fit in nicely with the Halloween Party picture of me and Andy where he went as a Pirate of the Caribbean and I went as a Vampire bat!













At convention we also did Make and Takes with the stamp sets that come in your convention bag - whoo hoo! I love getting free stuff! So here you see my FIRST scrapbook page, using the Party This Way stamp set (IB&Cp31), and I have to admit that I did this at home last week!! Here it's Bashful blue card stock and ink for the birthday candles at the bottom, Pear Pizzazz taffeta ribbon and card stock above, Melon Mambo and So Saffron for the backing card and remaining balloons. The Happy Birthday tag is secured by a Pink Rhinestone brad (IB&Cp99), and for my gorgeous niece Araina it really has to be pink! Now, to catch up with the years of not putting a photo in an album, but think of all the fun - Keep on Crafting Gen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment