Monday 11 April 2011

April arrives!



Well, it wasn't an April Fools Joke, David really was 40 on the 1st of April! Here's the card to prove it ;-) I am steadily falling in love with Designer Series Papers and here you see the Celebrations DSP (IB&C p89) as the background on Bashful Blue card stock. It's not possible to have Birthday celebrations without bunting so the Party This Way stamp set (IB&C p31) made perfect bunting for his age, printed in Pacific Point and Real Red on Whisper White card stock; with the 40 of the envelope Bashful Blue Birthday Balloon highlighted in Real Red.
A week later is another Birthday so have continued my obsession with the same stamp set and colours with some Real Red Grosgrain ribbon in the middle and the Birthday Greeting punched out with the label punch (IB&C p105). Balloons aren't real without strings and here I've used Linen thread (IB&C p96) winding it round scissors to make the twists - a real less is more look to this one, but I try not to go too over the top for boys cards.
Just when you think it's not possible to get any more carried away SU have released their Big Shot, and this is mine, all mine - hee hee hee! Needless to say it is taking over my life and who needs to keep up to date with housework anyway? So I have been playing for hours and will post my results soon, if I can tear myself away from all the fun! Keep on crafting Gen x

No comments:

Post a Comment