Friday 15 April 2011

Big shot Beginner!



I simply couldn't wait to get started with my Big Shot, and thought I'd take a few cards along to my demonstration at Llandrindod Card Club share the ideas!
Here's a super quick card that I made with a white C6 card, using one of the Confetti stamps (IB&C p60), for the background of the right half of the card and Pacific Point Ink. Then I put the Daffodil delight and Pacific Point card through the Big Shot with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (Mini Cat p9) and used the large butterflies, flipping the middle one to reverse the emboss effect.
The finishing touch is the pearl body of the Butterfly which is three of the smallest line Basic Pearls (IB&C p 99). Not capable of throwing anything away, I used some of the other butterflies from the embosslit die here . . . .
Although you can't see it very clearly, I have used the same background stamp in Daffodil delight ink on the white shaped card, and then the En Francais background stamp (IB&C p71)for the central panel with the Just Believe (IB&C p57) stamp over the top. I have used a 9cm square of Pacific point card stock punched by the scallop trim corner and border punches (IB&C p105), continuing my blue and yellow Easter phase ;-)
Finally in my first foray into the Big Shot, I used my 1 1/4" square punch (IB&C p106) with the Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper (Mini cat p17) and then ran the squares through the Bog Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder (Mini cat p10), and it gives this incredibly cool patchwork feel to the paper.
I then stamped the birthday greeting in Old Olive Ink on Very vanilla card stock, from Party this Way (IB&C p31) and punched it out with the word window punch (IB&C p 105); and then some more of the DSP with the Scallop Oval, to top the 1/2" Pear Pizzazz stitched poly ribbon that runs through the four 1/2" punched circles.
I love it, leave a comment to let me know what you think! Keep on crafting Gen x

No comments:

Post a Comment