Sunday 4 September 2011

Bold Birthdays and Butterflies


As always I think there is always more time than there actually is, and that's how you end up making Birthday cards the night before they HAVE to be posted!
Here, I've used Pacific Point and Real Red colours and simply used a scallop square Happy Birthday stamp, then punched out by the scallop square.
Another stamp onto the envelope so that the Postman has something to look at too - really couldn't be simpler - I think the next time I do a similar card I will use an embossing folder to create some texture for the solid colour, but this truly is - less being more!!
As my Uncle turned 80 this week, I managed to get myself slightly better organised as there was a parcel to send on time too!
Needless to say I have succumbed to Mini catalogue temptation and added to my Big Shot with the Medium Sizzlit Dies of the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet (Mini p8), just so that I could make the 80 stand out in the stunning Real Red.
As Birthdays are just a number, and my Uncle Arthur has never looked his age, the Celebrations DSP (IB&C p89) makes a great backdrop for this gate fold card.
And to finish here are a couple of small cards that I sent with another set of parcels - seems impossible to send anything without making the appropriate card now! Here I have literally used previously printed and punched elements with the background Confetti stamps (IB&C p60) - let me know what you think . . . . . keep on crafting Gen x

No comments:

Post a Comment