Friday 20 April 2012

Spring sadness, Birthdays and Blooms!


Somehow I seem to have been sending sympathy cards more than I'd like, but thought I would show you the simplicity of this Hopeful Thoughts stamp set (IB&Cp82).

I used Stampin' Write markers to individually colour the flowering branch in Old Olive & Wisertia Wonder. Once more using the scallop trim corner stamp with two pearl jewels to highlight the scallops. My thoughts are with the families that have recently lost their loved ones.


Can you guess who's Birthday it was on Thursday? I have treated myself to the Simple Alphabet Bigz Dies and couldn't resist spelling my brother's name with Night of Navy card stock, using the candle and birthday greeting from the Party this Way set - colouring the candle using markers for the diagonal colouring to match in with the underlying ribbon - I'm going through such a Teal phase!


Needless to say my day off today should involved house cleaning but somehow involved making this card - oops! I have had this Manhattan Flower embossing folder for a while and haven't used it until today! I used a pale purple card stock and then Regal Rose ink and a sponge dauber to build the rose colour. I used the Scallop Trim Border punch with Regal Rose card stock and pearl jewels - Birthday Greeting from the hostess set (IB&C p8). Keep on crafting, Gen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment