Tuesday 24 May 2016

Workshop girls and boys

With my regular workshop there is always discussion about how easy it is to make cards for females, but always a challenge to make a male card without going too over the top.

So the Sunburst Thinlit from the Spring Summer catalogue was the inspiration for this card


Stamp set: Starburst Sayings
Inks: Melon Mambo
Cardstock: Shimmer white, Silver Glimmer paper, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper, It's my Party DSP stack
Accessories: Starburst Thinlit, Star Thinlit, Baker's Twine Combo

And at the workshop I did a card in a card that I gave to my brother as felt this design was fairly unisex, with the Mint Macaron inks and In colour sequins.


So with the real challenge of a male card I designed this where the sentiment can be easily changed to a Birthday greeting. I was really taken by the Going Places co-ordinating series, the colours, matching DSP, embossing folders and stamp set.

As my Dad was born in Brazil and worked in Kenya, this set seemed just the thing for a Father's Day card. 


Stamp set: Going Global
Inks: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Lost Lagoon
Accessories: World Traveller embossing folder, 5/8* natural chevron ribbon, Triple banner punch

With the inside greeting looking like this


Using circle punches - just a shame Britain is too small to translate to the world stamp.

And our final card for the workshop was a quick and easy option featuring the Balloon Celebration Co-ordinating stamp set and punch.


Stamp set: Balloon Celebration
Inks: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Silver shimmer spritz
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Balloon Bouquet Punch

And to illustrate my complete inability to make the same card twice, when I made the card at the workshop I couldn't even follow my own design, but kind of prefer the second attempt ;-)


Keep on crafting, GenGen xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment