Sunday 11 July 2010

Thanks so much!

I have has lots to be thankful for lately so thought I would let you see how I've been saying thanks :-) On the right you see the card I did for Chris at the SU demo support centre - he's been very encouraging for all my SU efforts. I used the new Soft Suede cardstock and ink with my favourite Baroque motif (Idea Book p57) for the background with the baroque wheel in Chocolate Chip ink on kraft cardstock as the bottom frieze. Having just received shimmer paint (Mini Cat p21) in Frost white, I stamped the greeting from the sincere salutations stamp set (IB p62), onto soft suede (using a sponge dauber - see close up on the left), and oval punched it, with the oval scallop punch being in kraft cardstock again. Being a huge fan of all things tiny, I couldn't resist the tiny tag (Punch MC p6 and stamps p15), of thanks so much, which I attached to the motif with a pewter brad. Hope he liked it, and that the postie liked the envelope!

Have had a few orders lately, and not being organised enough to have batches of cards to send out, I've been making them as I needed them. On the right you see the fabulous Fresh cut notes and stamp set (IB p53 & p80), in Melon Mambo card stock with Rich Razzleberry ink and silver brad to secure the central flower on the top.
Next, but continuing with the same colour combination, I've mixed the Simply Said (IB p59) stamp set and Flight of the Butterfly (IB p43) The Melon Mambo butterfly is printed and punched whereas the Rich Razzleberry is printed straight onto the card.

When I was flicking through the Idea Book I saw on page 50 a card layout that I've adapted for the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set and the colour choice was easy as this went to someone who has a penchant for purple. The thing that I love most about this card is that it was really quick, but not quite a quick as these . . . . . .


These are truly the fastest I've made to date! 5-Petal punch (IB p89) in Old Olive and Melon Mambo respectively, with a rhinestone brad for the flower centre on Grosgrain ribbon. With the Melon Mambo card I stamped the tips of the petals in the same colour ink with a flower stamp from the tiny tags set - really am hooked ;-) Both of these cards are made on the lovely Love Notes (IB p80) and are only 7.6cm square - really cute! Keep on crafting - hope to post more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment