Saturday 31 July 2010

The Third dimension . . . . and beyond!



Having treated myself to the medallion background stamp (IB p60), as the free product entitlement in my last order, I could hardly wait to use it. Here you see it in Soft Suede Ink on a buff folder that I've had lying around for quite awhile. I'm really pleased with the result - my file is now instantly recognisable for my SU paperwork :-) I have to admit that the real inspiration for this piece came from a gift earlier in the year (thanks TLB), and the paper pattern of the magazine file is quite a close match. As you can see the file is perfect for mini catalogues and leaflets!


In that order I also ventured into Accents and Elements with a Flower Fusion pack (IB p83) as I have a serious love of felt, and before I knew it my earlier bookmark had reinvented itself into this . . .
Here you can see the bookmark in Old Olive card stock with the 1/2" circle punch used six times, to thread the Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon through. At the top I've used the scallop circle punch with Old Olive card stock then the 1 1/4" circle punch for the whisper white card stock to highlight the large Old Olive felt flower, then the smaller Rose Red flower secured by an Old Olive brad for the centre of the flower. Quick and easy, but nice to play around with the colours :-)
Talking about playing around with the colours I have just sorted through my Ink tower and cleared the retiring colours out to make way for the new additions that will come into being with the new Ideas Book & Catalogue in September. I have also been browsing the August special offer to see if there are any two step stamps sets I can't survive without and think I'll do some samples of the sets I already have to tempt you all with - have already done some cards with Trendy Trees - will share on the next post! Keep on crafting Gen x

No comments:

Post a Comment