Thursday 8 July 2010

Birth Day and Birthdays!



So welcome to the world little Howie! Although now months old by the time I post this blog! Just wanted to show you the congrats card I made :-) All in Bashful Blue - I used the Nursery jumbo wheel at the side - highlighting the edge of the h in silver and adding peel offs to spell his name. The teddy from the Bundle of Joy stamp set (Bashful blue ink on bashful blue card stock), with a couple of greetings from my stash to welcome this sweet little one.


Here on the right you see one of my recent Birthday cards - I am truly getting carried away with the new colours - here I've used Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry. Another excuse to use the Baroque Motifs background stamp and flowers. For the central flower I've used the flower stamp from the new a la carte range in the mini and then shaded the edges by using the darker colour on the edges of the petal leaves with the sponge daubers, securing the centre with a glitzy clear rhinestone brad. The melon mambo polka dot ribbon at the side was too girlie to resist, et voila!
And finally for this post - in an effort to catch up with the backlog of my absence I think I'll have to try and blog daily to let you see what I've been up to! A simple Birthday card for the cake making extraordinaire that is Graham - my cake may well of been paper, but it's the thought that counts! Continuing my fascination with turquoise I choose that as the background card stock. The cup cake comes from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set and here I have silver embossed the image to allow easier water colouring for the cupcake base and icing - the sprinkles have been coloured using the stamp write markers. The sentiment here is from the Sincere Salutations stamp set and the flowing writing is just moreish! Will blog again soon to show you the other goings on, especially the June workshop - many thanks to the Llandrindod Card Making group :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment