Sunday 19 September 2010

Card making Competition!


Well working through a whole weekend of card makers block I finally got down to making an entry for the Stampin' Up! section. As with all competitions now I've finished it I'd change the whole thing! As A Rose is a Rose stamp set is retiring and it was the first set that lured me into SU it was the obvious choice for me. Here I've used a 15x15cm square card, stamping off the small rose on the background whisper white card in Pretty in Pink ink so it just gives a very faint back drop. I've used Rich Razzleberry card at the left hand side with the Eyelet punch and matching Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon from the 11 New Products Promotion. Then I stamped the large rose with Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry Ink on Whisper white card stock, with Garden Green for the leaf lightening the base shade by stamping off the first image. And the close up shot on the right shows that I layered the two flowers with a decoupage approach, as the 3-D nature of the print really lends itself to letting the rose jump out of the card. True to form less is always more with me and I kept the sentiment simple, using scalloped oval punch for the Rich Razzleberry border and stamping onto whisper white card with the Sincere Salutations stamp set.
As it was possible to have multiple entries I added this one for fun as it's my favorite colour combination - Regal Rose and Tempting Turquoise - both in the new Regals Collection. I love the detail of the Fine Flourish stamp, here done as a background on the Turquoise card in Silver Emboss, and also in a Kissing Technique where I used the Flower Accent stamp kissing the Fine Flourish Stamp when inked with Tempting Turquoise ink, onto Regal Rose card and then cut out and lined up with the background stamp, with a central Rhinestone brad for the flower and then placed on a Stampin dimensional to raise it up from the background card. This was then placed onto the Eyelet punched Regal Rose card and a simple strip of 1/4" turquoise ribbon on the right and then a simple greeting punched out with the word window punch. Would love to know what you think - keep on crafting Gen x

No comments:

Post a Comment