Saturday 14 May 2011

Belated congratulations!


So here is a congratulation card I sent to my nephew with the fabulous news that he's engaged :-) I've used Rich Razzleberry ink for the Love stamp, (from a retired set), and the heart Confetti stamp (IB&C p60), on the right of the Rose Red top stitched ribbon (also retired!).
I'm going through a real phase of square details on top of the scallop square punch - just like the way it looks :-)
I then used the congratulations stamp from the Cheer & Wishes set (IB&C p75), punched out with the label punch (IB&C p105), on Melon Mambo card stock, using a clear heart button from the Itty Bitty range in the new Mini catalogue (p21), with a bit of silver embroidery thread I had already. See detailed photo on the right. With my other favorite phrase KISS Keep It Simple Stupid - I left it before I over did it ;-)
There is also the exciting news that Martyn & Leonie have a new home, so having bought watercolour pencils (IB&C p102) and not had the excuse to use them yet I made this card and used the Neighbourhood Wheel (IB&C p48) in chocolate chip ink, and then spent a very pleasant time colouring in, which has always been one of my favorite things to do. The Confetti stamps were used once more in Old Olive ink at the bottom and the Just Moved! sentiment is also from a retired set, but I am just realising that to use these lovely sets is the only way to be able to keep buying more - hee hee hee! So may Martyn, Leonie, Kayla & Sophie's new home be filled with lots of love and laughter. Keep on crafting Gen x

No comments:

Post a Comment