Sunday 1 May 2011

My Easter is coming to an end . . .



Just as I start to think about returning to work, I thought I would share with you the Easter cards that I sent out this year. After last year, where nobody found the chick I kept things very simple by using A Good Egg stamp set (IB&C p20), and the Brights Designer Series Paper (IB&C p91). Using again Daffodil delight and Pacific point and then as little gingham ribbon secured with a flower brad (IB&C p82). Of course, for a little variation I also changed the colours for a very special friend, who believes black is a colour rather than a shade, but using the Naturals DSP created a bit of fun :-)
So I have been lucky enough to make the most of the bank holidays and took this last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off work and predictably I was ill for quite a bit of the time !!
Luckily, I had already made the Birthday card for my brother; which was the first time I could use my new builder wheel from the Mini catalogue (p13). To create contrast I have used So Saffron ink for the candles, Real red for the Happy Birthday Greeting and Night of Navy for the sensational stars! Then I used some brights DSP for the background and a few star brads I had lying around. The sectional ink cartridge (Mini catalogue p 13), allows you to specifically allocate inks, but I think I might also try a blank ink cartridge with graded ink change and see what it looks like - lots of playing possibilities ;-) As sometimes I'm a little pushed for time, this allows super quick cards and then there's the wrapping paper possibilities - sometimes not enough hours in the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment