Sunday 11 April 2010

Easter Surprise!

So here's another sign of my Easter Excitement. I saw this card in the March 2010 issue of Impressions - the hinged card splits apart to reveal a hidden Easter message . . .
. . . . and for some people that I sent this card to it's still hidden as the brad at the side wasn't a big enough clue - that will teach me!
Here you see the full versatility of A Good Egg stamp set. I particularly like the effect of stamping Old Olive flowers onto the old olive card stock, fringing the top to look like grass. I used So Saffron card stock for the scalloped strip and Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, but Regal Rose was used in the example. I have again stamped the Egg onto Kraft paper and the watercoloured and coloured the zig zag band and then coloured the dots of the egg band inwith stampin write markers. Then Ballet Blue for the sky and a cloud from the Good Neighbours stamp set in white ink. The chick has also been water colored and the beak colored in with pumpkin pie marker. I think this would be a fab card to demo to a kids group - just a year to wait till I can do it again - hee hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment