Monday 31 May 2010

Make and take!






So here is a quick peek at the three items that we did at the workshop last Saturday! I have taken inspiration from the gorgeous new release colours so here you see Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and the Soft Suede, and also inspired by Jamie Loves Paper blog that I watch (see my blog list) where she used one stamp set (Simply Said) in different ways - WITH a bookmark - really inspired, thanks Jamie :-)


I love SU ribbon so much that it wasn't difficult to come up with lots of different ways to use it. The bookmark was a particular fave for me as I simply punched 6 holes with the 1/2" circle along the Rich Razzleberry card and used the heart punch for the base of the topper in the Melon Mambo card stock with razzleberry ink, then contrasting Melon Mmabo stamp of the central heart flowers on Whisper White card stock. Simple yet effective, and really easy to do. Then we moved quickly onto the card, I'm a big fan of anything quick and easy and having treted myself to the Sweet Pea Designer Series paper I thought this would be the ideal opportunity to introduce more paper into my card making. So, we started off with our C6 size cards from Rich Razzleberry cardstoch - stamping the top half of the card with the same ink and the background flowers of the Simply Said stamp set. Then we put the stricking circular paper on the bottom half of the card - covering the join with the Soft Suede 1/2" polka dot grosgrain ribbon. Finally we made a topper with the sentiment stamp from the same set punching it with the oval and then the scallop oval in Soft Suede et voila! I think the patterned paper really brings all the colours together.


For the finale we did a 3D item in the form of a small bag - and as I was having a girlie phase with the new hues couldn't resist using the Rhinestone brads for the real bling factor. We started by background stamping the body of the Melon Mambo bag in Rick Razzleberry ink - I used two different sizes of flower for this, and then the small flower stamp for the handle too. Then we eyelet punched the razzleberry scalloped edge and attached, added the dolka dot ribbon, formed the container, added the topper made by stamping onto whisper white punched circle onto razzleberry scalloped circle and then took a small piece of ribbon and formed the bow used the brad to make the knot (thanks for the fab You tube demo Monica). I am really pleased with the results as the dots in different formats seem to work well. I would like to thank Mandy, Jo & Finlay for attending the workshop, and although we were a select group we had lots of fun :-) Leave a comment to let me know what you think - and if you would like this demo at your workshop simply email me. Keep on crafting - Gen x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Gen!!!! Thanks for your kind comments about my blog:) Totally fab set for a workshop....glad you had fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely set Gen....LOVE the bookmark idea with the ribbon threaded through :)

    Carol xxx

    ReplyDelete