Saturday 4 June 2011

Crafty Kids!


Huge thanks to Ruth, Sam, Matthew, Janet & Kris for staying indoors yesterday afternoon just when the sun had started to split the paving stones ;-)
We had lots of fun with the Make a Monster set (IB&C p36), here I've used three ways to colour the monsters.
The left hand monster is daubed and randomly circular printing in Old Olive ink on Whisper White card stock. The middle monster is simply coloured in on white card stock again, and the monster on the right is printed onto coloured card stock with the eyes whitened with a marker and the mouth coloured in on white card stock and stuck on. With the base card I used the colour spritzer tool (IB&C p103) and the night of navy stampin write marker to get the splatter pattern. We then used a Crimper (IB&C p107) to create some texture for the Old Olive card stock that the monsters were attached to. Here I've used the party arrow once more, so the monsters take it in turn to be party animals as it spins around :-)
So I thought it would be fun to mark the end of the half term hoilday with this Origami Book Mark. Here I begin to understand the lure of the owl punch (Mini p14), and although you can get sufficient pieces with two colours, I prefer to make three colour way ones. Here it is Pacific Point, Whisper White and Neutrals ivory. Once the owl is made you simple glue the top of the owl to the triangle of the book mark and this sits over the corner of the page you want to mark. The thing I love about this owl is the eyes can look down at the page you want to mark - then you always know where you are :-)
To finish the workshop and to document the half term holiday we also made this little Match Book mini album. I thought there might be photos of the holidays that the children would want to show friends at school.
So this is a simple Pacific Point folder, where the small flap holds the three Celebrations DSP (IB&C p89) pages for the photos, (see small photo below). I have used the second owl as an embellishment, with some stamped off owl printing on the right of a scrap of the DSP strip and then some of the Quick Accents Celebrations set (IB&C p92) for the Rick Rack Ribbon on the small flap at the bottom. For ease I have just used a large paperclip to secure the mini album to hold it all together. Think I might be making myself one of these. If all else fails I'll be using this one ;-) Keep on crafting Gen x

No comments:

Post a Comment