Sunday 26 June 2011

Summer celebrations!



Here's my first card with the gorgeous Baby Blossoms stamp set (Mini cat p16). I've used the Subtles collection of colours, the Rose Red 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (Mini p17) secured with a rhinestone brad. I love the two step stamping, using the stamp-a-ma-jig to get perfect alignment and allow the colours to give the images the 3D depth. This is the first time I've really used Baja breeze ink on the central panel, and yet again I have managed to fall in love with yet another colour - so more playing in the pipeline - hee hee hee!
Whilst making the card above, using the Sincere Salutations (IB&C p72), for the central greeting and having a 70th card to do, I simply snuck in 70 Birthday wishes and changed the corner flowers for the smaller rose buds rather than the larger roses. As always, making a card for somebody else I became unsure that the design was the one, so made another, which as you can see if far more free flowing than the other design. I stuck with the same colour collection as it's sensational for summer, even if the weather isn't! The stamps here are from the Growing Green set (IB&C p56), with a flower cluster from the Cottage Garden set (IB&C p53), and my favorite swirl in the right hand corner from the Season of Joy Christmas stamp set (IB&C p22). I have also used Basic Pearls (IB&C p99) for the centres of the three largest flowers. Luckily for me they were both used for the seventieth celebrations :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment