Tuesday 5 June 2012

Happy Jubilee Weekend!


Sorry about the photo quality, but couldn't resist posting this today. Got this idea from the Reading training weekend from a far superior swap that Lesley Lendon gave to me. As you can see, I seriously simplified the design as I thought I may need to create with kids at the village do yesterday, but luckily they were too busy with races, football and festive jubilee fayre, as it should be!


I simply used stamps from the confetti stamp set with Real Red and Night of Navy inks and background card stock. I made a stencil and then stamped repeatedly to build up the colour - simple enough for children ;-)

I have to admit that I have been having a bit of a Union Jack thing going on lately, here's the cake I made for yesterdays celebrations.


 Well I would, wouldn't I! The recipe is from Good Food and really tasty, nearly as tasty as the hot scotch eggs that we took down too! Finally, although it's not stamping related, a celebration isn't a celebration without bunting, and here's my contribution.


 
I have to say that my 30m was swallowed up in the enormous marquee that we had for the afternoon tea yesterday, but you can't beat handmade ;-) Keep on crafting, Gen x 

No comments:

Post a Comment