Sunday 1 December 2013

1st Advent Window! December is here!!

For this year's Advent Adventure, I thought I would start simply.
 

This is my version of this card featured on page 10 of the
Seasonal Catalogue.

I have simplified it for ease of reproduction in a workshop environment, initially gold embossing the greeting on the Real Red background card and the red poinsettia, which I then cut out along the outline.

I embossed the whisper white card and used a sponge dauber to highlight the embossing and edge with gold ink, which I then used to change the colour of the frosted embellishment from silver to gold, but think realistically it needs gold paint as it doesn't really dry completely on the metal embellishment - another crafting trial and error ;-)

 Last but not least is the stunning gold foil greeting across the poinsettia - think I may be using this lots for this season.
 
Stamp sets: Joyful Christmas, Greetings of the Season
Ink: Versa mark & Gold Emboss, Gold metallic ink
Card stock: Real Red, Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheet
Accessories: Expressions Thinlits dies, Frosted Finishes Embellishments, Stampin trimmer Scallop cutting blade for edge of real red card stock. Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
 

Keep on Christmas Crafting, Gen xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment